HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 Is The Only Solution Offering Hybrid Multi-Cloud Security and Compliance Across VMware, Public Cloud and Containers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – May 7, 2019 – HyTrust today announced HyTrust CloudControl™ 6.0, expanding the industry-leading security offering for vSphere and NSX to include AWS and Kubernetes. The solution addresses challenges organizations face in trying to secure and ensure compliance of their hybrid, multi-cloud environments efficiently. To promote container security adoption, HyTrust is offering no-cost HyTrust CloudControl licenses for Kubernetes-orchestrated container environments.
A majority of organizations are adopting a hybrid, multi-cloud approach, in which applications are deployed in on-premises data centers and across multiple cloud providers. Meanwhile, applications are being built or re-factored using DevOps-style development into container-based, cloud-native architectures. This creates a huge challenge: how to efficiently and effectively provide consistent security, compliance and high availability across this heterogeneous, dynamic environment?
HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 addresses this challenge by providing a consistent “full-stack” set of security and compliance controls across hybrid clouds, including:
- Workload visibility and associated security posture;
- Configuration hardening;
- Image assurance via vulnerability assessment and origin-based controls;
- Administrator controls including fine-grained access control, and two-person approval workflows that reduce the risk of operator errors causing downtime.
These capabilities apply across VMware vSphere, AWS, and Kubernetes, with a single user interface and API. Trust Manifests produce “security as code” to automate DevSecOps and “shift security left” in the CI/CD software lifecycle. Most importantly, the unified solution enables the creation of a single security policy which can then be seamlessly applied to a workload even if it moves to a different location in the hybrid cloud.
“HyTrust CloudControl is the leading solution that VMware’s largest customers trust to secure their cloud infrastructure and meet compliance. With HyTrust CloudControl 6.0, they can use the same product to protect their next-generation platforms, too,” said Eric Chiu, founder and president of HyTrust. “It’s less expensive, it’s proven and it’s simple. And it’s what our customers have been asking for.”
“At Dentons, client confidentiality and security are top priorities. Our adoption of and continuing implementation of HyTrust’s full stack protection for multi-cloud and Kubernetes bring what we consider to be the best option for safeguarding our client work,” said Karl Hopkins, Global Chief Security Officer at Dentons. “Many of today’s container security offerings are basically point security products, and our experience has been that point security solutions can complicate operations and impede cloud agility.”
“Our market research shows that customers are moving to hybrid cloud models for VMs and containers. HyTrust’s expansion into multi-cloud and Kubernetes makes a lot of sense given that customers will want a single solution to manage those different platforms,” said Tony Palmer, Senior Validation Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “Offering container security for free and making it part of the platform security cost will be well received from organizations looking to gain greater efficiencies.”
Unlike competing solutions and native feature sets, HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 delivers both broad and deep support across hybrid cloud:
- Unified Visibility. Most of HyTrust’s competitors focus either solely on public clouds like AWS and Azure, or on container orchestrators like Kubernetes. HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 provides full visibility as to what workloads are running across hybrid multi-cloud environments, including on-premises vSphere. It also provides deeper information about workload security posture including encryption, vulnerabilities and image source repositories.
- Unified Policy. HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 provides a single interface to manage security policies. Operators can write a policy once and apply it across disparate cloud platforms without modification. This eliminates the difficulties in translating policies into the native capabilities and configuration method for each platform.
- Full-Stack Support. Effective security requires policies applied at all layers of the software stack. Most containerized applications are managed by Kubernetes and hosted either on vSphere on about public clouds. HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 support policies for containers, vSphere, and AWS, which means that this single solution can provide the full-stack security and compliance required for mission critical workloads.
- Continuous Compliance. HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 validates and enforces compliance controls across multi-cloud environments, driving down the cost and effort of maintaining compliance . The platform ships with built-in templates for different regulatory standards such as PCI, HIPAA, DISA STIG and NIST CSF.
Adoption of cloud computing shows no signs of slowing, yet nine out of 10 cybersecurity professionals report that security continues to be a prime concern, according to a 2018 Cloud Security report from Crowd Research Partners. That concern is expected to persist as more workloads move to the cloud, amplifying security complexity and challenges such as poor visibility, insecure configurations and compromised images.
HyTrust CloudControl 6.0 is available now.
HyTrust’s mission is to make private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure more trustworthy for enterprises, service providers and government agencies. HyTrust provides solutions that automate security controls for software-defined computing, networking and storage workloads to achieve the highest levels of visibility, granular policy control and data protection. HyTrust customers benefit from being able to accelerate cloud and virtualization cost savings while improving their security posture by automating and enforcing security policies in real time, adapting quickly to compliance requirements and preventing unplanned outages.
Headquartered in Mountain View, California, HyTrust is backed by the leading providers of strategic IT infrastructure including VMware, Cisco, Intel and Fortinet; by the vanguard of innovative solutions for the intelligence community, In-Q-Tel; and by a world-class group of financial investors including AVP Growth, Epic Ventures, Granite Ventures, Sway Ventures, Trident Capital and Vanedge Capital.