MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – January 7, 2015 – HyTrust Inc., the Cloud Security Automation Company, today announced a newly formed federal advisory board to build on the momentum it currently has in this critical market. The company has added numerous government agencies and departments to its client list over the past year, and in the last quarter alone, has signed a seven-figure deal with an intelligence agency and secured a major contract win with a defense agency.
The new board’s members are uniquely qualified to move HyTrust even farther forward, through their extensive experience and distinguished track records in diverse military and other government organizations. They also perfectly complement HyTrust’s role in enabling public sector organizations to achieve the cost and agility benefits of cloud and virtualization technologies while ensuring that mission-critical data and confidential information is protected.
“HyTrust is truly fortunate to attract such an experienced group of advisors to help us enhance our position in the government market, and we thank them for this honor,” said John De Santis, Chairman and CEO of HyTrust. “We fully intend to prove ourselves worthy of their contributions and do our part to advance and secure the work of many government agencies.”
“There’s always pressure within federal agencies to keep IT costs under control, but it can’t be at the expense of security,” said Craig Abod, President of Carahsoft Technology Corp., which serves as HyTrust’s master government aggregator. “HyTrust is enjoying success in the public sector marketplace because it allows customers to maintain that necessary balance, enabling them to reap all efficiencies and cost-savings of cloud and virtualization technologies without compromising security.”
“Every agency within the U.S. government fully understands the need to rapidly deploy virtualization technologies and strategies to enhance the ability to respond to market forces while continuing to reduce costs,” said Ambassador Robert Gelbard, Former U.S. State Department career diplomat. “I look forward to working with HyTrust to address the demanding security needs of this vital sector while enabling full innovation.”
“Security is understandably top of mind in this environment, and that can be an obstacle to the adoption of cutting-edge technologies,” said Honorable Larry Delaney, Former Secretary of the U.S. Air Force. “That’s why it’s so important to have boards like this—they play an important role in balancing technology and specific security needs within many heavily regulated agencies. I’m happy to join this distinguished group of individuals in helping with these initiatives.”
“Just as there’s so much innovation in technology development in private sector leaders like HyTrust, there must be corresponding adoption of those technologies in government agencies that provide vital services,” said Ted Hengst, Principal, PTH Ventures and former CIO, J-6, SOCOM. “I’m privileged to join the HyTrust Federal Advisory Board and help accelerate this process.”
The HyTrust Federal Advisory Board is made up of former government and military officials with extensive service in the US Government sector. Members include:
- Andrew Bair, Chairman, HyTrust Federal Advisory Board, Managing Director, Washington DC, AITA; Operating Partner, Torch Hill Investment Partners; Former CEO, Washington Global Partners; Former Senior Advisor, State Department; Former Senior VP, Willis Group.
- Honorable Larry Delaney, Former Acting Secretary of the U.S. Air Force; Former Assistant Secretary U.S. Air Force Acquisition; Former Sector President, L-3 Communications; Former senior executive with SAIC and BDM; Former senior executive, Institute for Defense Analyses.
- Ambassador Robert Gelbard, Former U.S. State Department career diplomat; Former U.S. Ambassador and Presidential Special Representative for the Balkans; Former Board Member, Novetta Solutions, Good Technology, L-1, Raydiance, Viisage and Guggenheim International.
- Ted Hengst, Principal, PTH Ventures; Former CEO, Artel; Former CIO, Harris Corporation; Former SVP, General Dynamics IT; Former CIO, J-6, SOCOM.
- Lou Addeo, President, Addeo Consulting. Former EVP, Corp Dev, ManTech International. Former President, Technical Services, ManTech Corporation. Former COO, Serco, North America; Former President, Government Services Group, AT&T.
- Peter Newell, Managing Partner, BMNT Partners; Former Director, US Army Rapid Equipping Force; Former U.S. Army Commander and retired Colonel; Senior Officer, U.S. National Military Command Center.
- Matt Straeb, EVP, GlobalNet Security Systems; Former Director, Product Management & Marketing, DaVinci Networks; Former President of Sales, ORAD Networks; Former Director of Sales, Rohde & Schwarz; Rules Committee Member, U.S FCC.
- Matthew Freedman, President & CEO, Global Impact; Senior Advisor at DIA; Former Deputy to the US Ambassador to the United Nations and former official at the Agency for International Development.
For more information about HyTrust solutions for government visit https://hytrust.com/solutions/federal
About HyTrust (www.hytrust.com)
HyTrust is the Cloud Security Automation company. Its virtual appliances provide the essential foundation for cloud control, visibility, data security, management and compliance. HyTrust mitigates the risk of catastrophic failure— especially in light of the concentration of risk that occurs within virtualization and cloud environments. Organizations can now confidently take full advantage of the cloud, and even broaden deployment to mission-critical applications.