Software Engineer – Cloud Security and Virtualization
HyTrust is seeking a Software Engineer to join the continued expansion of DataControl product into AWS, Azure, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen and Google cloud. The ideal candidate will have good programming skills with some experience in server management, virtualization and security with drive to contribute to build a killer product.
We’re delivering security technology that makes it possible for large corporations and government agencies to virtualize their data centers and expand into the cloud while keeping their operations and data secure. Our product suite provides encryption and key management capabilities for cloud-hosted virtual machines and data.
- Participate in developing the modules that secure data and management of enterprise-scale servers operating across private and public clouds
- Help the team in identifying bottlenecks and optimize the performance and scalability essential for Cloud customers
- Implement new technologies and techniques that help us innovate new ways to secure and operationalize the virtualized data center
- Work independently and with a team, commit to delivery schedules, take ownership of both your contribution and to the overall success of the products and their use by HyTrust customers
- Be ready to assist all the other teams that make a fast-moving startup a success (Customer Support, Sales, Documentation, QA, Marketing, Partner and Business Development, etc.)
Skills & Requirements:
- BA, BS, or equivalent in a technical field of study (such as computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics).
- 2 to 4+ years of experience designing and developing multi-threaded applications/services on Linux and/or FreeBSD.
- Extensive experience with C or C++, Python, and other scripting languages, Kernel debuggers
- Experience in developing Web-Services using REST APIs.
- Experience in integrating with security technologies including AAA (authentication, authorization and auditing) Services, firewalls, SSL, PKI, and SAML.
- Experience in integrating with industry-standard access protocols like Windows Active Directory, RADIUS, and SSO
- Comfortable working, setting-up, configuring Virtual Machines and Linux hosts.
- Proficiency working on and configuring one or more virtualization platforms: vSphere, KVM, Xen, Openstack, Hyper-V.
- Experience working with one or more cloud-based hosts: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with security and compliance standards will be a plus.
- Expert troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Offer:
- The nimbleness of a startup with the stability of a company with 100+ customers
- Equity participation and industry-standard compensation and benefits package
- Freedom to exercise your passion and realize great design through code. We welcome strong opinions and expect you to be unafraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong.
For more information about the company, please visit our web site: http://www.hytrust.com/
Salary is based on experience and/or qualifications. HyTrust provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision) and a 401k program with company matching.
Applicant must be able to provide valid documents showing authorization to work in the USA.