HyTrust is seeking a Sr. Staff Software Engineer to enhance CloudControl to support emerging server virtualization platforms like vSphere, NSX, AWS, Kubernetes, OpenShift and OpenStack. The ideal candidate will combine expertise in server management, virtualization and security with a self-starting drive to build a killer product
We’re delivering security technology that makes it possible for large corporations and government agencies to virtualize their data centers and expand into the cloud while keeping their operations and data secure. Our product suite provides administrative control, visibility, auditing, configuration hardening and data security for private, hybrid and public clouds.
- Lead the development of modules that secure the environment and management of enterprise-scale servers operating across private and public clouds
- Implement new technologies and techniques that help us innovate new ways to secure and operationalize the virtualized data center in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Work independently and lead a team, commit to delivery schedules, take ownership of both your contribution and to the overall success of the products and their use by HyTrust customers
- Help the team in identifying bottlenecks and optimize the performance and scalability essential for CloudControl customers
- Help mentor less experienced developers in advanced concepts of the CloudControl product. Participate in the design and reviews of major enhancements that are being planned for the product.
- Be ready to assist all the other teams that make a fast-moving startup a success (Customer Support, Sales, Documentation, QA, Marketing, Partner and Business Development, etc.)
- Be able to configure and work in one or more virtualization platforms: vSphere, NSX, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Openstack.
Minimum Degree & Field of Study:
- BA, BS, or equivalent in a technical field of study (such as computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics) and equivalent work experience.
Minimum years of experience required:
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Experience in virtualization platforms like vSphere, NSX, AWS, Kubernetes and OpenStack
- Expertise in VMware’s vSphere API and NSX API
- Strong proficiency in J2EE, Spring, SQL/Postgres, Hibernate, and JPA.
- Experience creating complex Web based micro-Services, SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Experience in integrating with industry-standard access protocols like Windows Active Directory, RADIUS, and especially TACACS+
- Experience in integrating with, and using security technologies including AAA (authentication, authorization and auditing) Services, firewalls, SSL, PKI, and SAML.
- Familiarity with linux development environment is a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA, SVN, GIT, Coverity, is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- The nimbleness of a startup with the stability of a company with 100+ customers
- Equity participation and industry-standard compensation and benefits package
- Freedom to exercise your passion and realize great design through code. We welcome strong opinions and expect you to be unafraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong.
For more information about the company, please visit our web site: http://www.hytrust.com/
Salary is based on experience and/or qualifications. HyTrust provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision) and a 401k program with company matching.