VMworld 2015 was such a rush for us here at HyTrust. First, we started by announcing our enhanced security, policy and compliance product for VMware NSX, imaginatively named HyTrust CloudControl for VMware NSX. The culmination of a great deal of blood, sweat and late nights coding on the part of our engineering staff, CloudControl for NSX adds role-based access control, enhanced visibility, more granular microsegmentation and a variety of other features to further enhance an already strong product.
Of course, part of the fun of going to shows is to see who wins prizes and we were again fortunate and in this case won VMworld Best of Show, for Security, Compliance and Virtualization products. This was of course a huge honor and was testament to the dedication and hard work of the product team.
We got some good press coverage as well:
- Information Week: HyTrust Claims Advances in Virtual Data Center Ops
- Enterprise Tech: VMware Fleshes Out the Virtual Datacenter
- Forbes: Do You Know Where Your Software Defined Everything Is?
- Tom’s IT Pro: HyTrust Updates CloudControl Protection for VMware NSX
- VMblog: HyTrust Announces CloudControl for VMware NSX
- IT World Canada: HyTrust extends to access control suite to VMware NSX
- Virtual Strategy Magazine: HyTrust Announces CloudControl for VMware NSX
- Fierce Enterprise: HyTrust brings automated security to VMware NSX
- Forex Report: VMware unveils new unified cloud products
- SD Times: VMworld shows off container, virtualization solutions
From a wider perspective, the show was well organized and actually pretty fun, with a variety of good presentations and even things like big bands like the Neon Trees and Alabama Shakes performing. It was also clear that no longer is it a question of whether or not to virtualize, bur rather it has become a question of how much infrastructure can be virtualized with many organizations looking for ways to do more. The question of containers and how they can be better secured was on a lot of minds.
Here are some photos from the show.
Fred Kost on stage getting the award for Best of Show, Security, Compliance and Virtualization for CloudControl for NSX.
Fred Kost interviewing Eric Chiu about enhanced security delivered by CloudControl for NSX
Celebrating Best of Show, Security, Compliance and Virtualization for CloudControl for NSX at the HyTrust Booth
When the field speaks, PLM listens
Much action at the HyTrust Booth. “Hey, I hear you have enhanced security for NSX. Is that right?”
The HyTrust Party at Press Club in SF was a hit.
Github had a cool booth
Lvl 13 Sysadmin having an electronic caricature done.
Beware evil doers and those who don’t scale, Captain Right Scale is here!
Little roulette action. Don’t gamble with security, encrypt.
Nothing like a little golf to go with your virtualization.
Anyway, it was a great show for HyTrust and the HyTrust team. See you next year in Las Vegas.